Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day weekend

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend with my boys. I got to sleep in both Saturday and Sunday (!!), and got to do exactly what I wanted to do! After having coffee on the back porch with Randy Saturday morning, we got dressed and took the boys to the zoo. It was a wonderful morning for the zoo. It was cool, breezy and not too crowded. We hadn't been to the zoo since Logan was a baby.
(Remember this post? http://randykristenbenhood.blogspot.com/2009/03/family-fun.html)
Anyway, we all had a great time! The train was out-of-order---bummer! So we will have to go back and ride the train very soon. I wonder if Logan will like the train, now that he is bigger? ;-)

My boys...I love all three of these boys more than life itself. And I feel so blessed to be their wife and mother.

Ben really loved this kimodo dragon. :-)
Logan loved the aquariums at the zoo. He probably could have spent all his time in this area!
Logan, not tooooo sure about these things called monkeys.

Eating lunch...

Petting zoo!
Logan, not toooo sure about the petting zoo either. But, for his sake, these pigmy goats were a little "rough"!


My little monkey!
Can you tell Ben really like taking pictures perched up on the cast-iron animals? I think there were only a couple he didn't get pictures on...and that was only because he didn't see them! :-)
So after the zoo, we all had wonderful afternoon naps; ordered pizza and lounged around the rest of the evening. Bliss. Then Sunday, Mother's Day, we went to church, played outside, took another nap (!!), and ate fried-chicken for dinner. We really had a wonderful, family-oriented weekend---and this mom truly felt loved and important. I hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day with their family!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

who doesn't love fried chicken!!!

Joanne said...

sounds like a lovely mommy's day!

Mary Ann said...

ohhh! Happy Mother's Day Kristen! You do have some handsome boys there & they have a spectacular Mommy! Much Love, Mary Ann