Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blog Makeover, Updates, and Family Pictures

I recently updated the look of our family blog! And while I know it still needs some "tweeks" here and there, I am quite pleased with my DIY project. (Yes, I know I could have avoided some major headaches by paying one of the lovely blogging companies to do it for me...but where would the fun be in that? And aren't we all trying to be a bit more fiscally responsible?) So, why pay for someone to do what you can learn to do yourself! :-)

Today is the boys last day of preschool/MDO for summer break. I am actually really looking forward to having them home---all to myself---for the summer! I have purposely only signed them up for one activity per week, per little man. So, Logan and I will start a mommy-and-me swim class June 9th and Ben will start a gymnastics class June 10th! This will be the first break Ben has had from swim lessons in 3 1/2 years! However, he has been telling me that he wants to take a tumbling class---so, we gave him the option for the summer: swim class or tumbling/gymnastics class. He chose gymnastics! I know he will like it. Anything where he can run round and be his natural, "rough and tough" boy-self, will be a good thing for him. And I really think Logan is going to enjoy his swim class too. He is ready! He LOVES the water, dunks himself underwater in the bathtub, and wants to wear his brother's swim goggles to just play around the house. (Silly baby!) I will keep you posted on how their classes are later in the summer.

But with that said, we will have more summer "free" time to play with friends and family! Sooooo...who's up for a playdate? :-) Let me know!

Logan's speech therapy evaluation is this afternoon after school. I am eagerly anticipating how that will go. I am intrigued how they will evaluate his speech, or lack thereof. I will keep you posted on that as well!

And finally, I don't think I ever blogged about it before, but at the end of last year, our family took family photos (thus the new photo at the top of our blog), when we scheduled Logan's one year photography session. We were so pleased with the way the pictures came out and really enjoyed working with the photographer, Jennifer Denton. And subsequently, the entire Rees family reunited as well in December for family photos too! Here are the links to our photo sessions if you care to look at them!

http://http://www.portraitsbyjenniferdenton.com/clients/hood_web/
http://http://www.portraitsbyjenniferdenton.com/clients/logan_web/
http://http://www.portraitsbyjenniferdenton.com/clients/hoodfamily_web/

3 comments:

Richard Rees said...

Beautiful photo, so I tried to open the links. Remember that I said tried. Can't get then to open.
I can't wait to see the kids in June. Have a great Memorial Day weekend.
Love - U. Dick

Abby said...

Great family picture!

Bristelle said...

I love the new look of the blog and your family photo is amazing! Next time we head to San Antonio I will definitely let you know, we'd love to meet your sweet family.