Friday, September 25, 2009

Thursdays are Rough

Thursdays have proven to be a bit rough for our Ben. Thursdays tend to be full of mischief around the Hood home...need I remind you of my previous post (last Thursday!) about playground rocks??? I know so many of you are asking yourself, "No, not that precious Ben...", but oh, yes, just look at my precious Ben...

Can you see the mischief in his eyes? That mischievious sparkle in his smile? That's my Ben.

So, what happened this Thursday? Well, around dinner time, I asked Ben to go to the bathroom and wash his hands because his dinner was ready. And within minutes, I hear shrill screaming and the sound of water rushing. I run, see water coming out of the bottom of the bathroom door, throw open the door, and see the water line spraying water around the half-bath. Ben is just standing there, still screaming loudly, sopping wet.

OH MY GOSH. After I turned the water off at the wall, I asked Ben..."WHAT HAPPENED???"

And while he is still crying, he said, "I just stood on that shiny loop...".

Just stood on that shiny loop?

Yes, he saw the "shiny loop" of a water line (connecting to the toilet), didn't have a clue what it was, so he decided to stand on it...he later said, "like a trapezee". I think what he meant was like a "high wire"...you know from the circus?

Regardless, trapezee or high wire, Ben was disciplined. Occasionally, our days may seem like a circus....but we are NOT a circus family. There will be no more "high wire" acts, especially on Thursdays.

***Side note: Randy did have to remove the toilet, floor molding, and part of the hardwood flooring--to dry out, so we wouldn't have ruined our floors due to the flooding. Despite my quick reaction of turning the water off, there was a lot of water that flooded the bathroom and part of the living area. After 8 beach towels and a big fan blowing all night, everything looks good and hopefully tomorrow, Randy will have the half-bath up and running again.

No comments: