Thursday, September 17, 2009

Playground Rocks are NOT...

Playground rocks are NOT meant to be put in your nose!!! This picture is not the real rock that was dug out of my oldest son's nose this afternoon in the pediatrician's office. No, the rock he put in his nose was BIGGER. About 2 1/2 times bigger, to be exact. The rock he put up his nose was about the size of a kidney bean. Uh huh, kidney bean.

I was called by the preschool director today to let me know that Ben was in the office because he had a rock stuck in his nose. He was crying---because it hurt (remember, kidney bean!)---and he was scared. I called the pediatrician, who advised me to take him to the ER if Ben couldn't blow it out. So, while we were driving to the ER, the pedi called me again, and asked me to come to the office first so he could try to get it out and save me the hospital bill. (Thank you Dr. Pauli!) So, with 4 people holding down my child and a lot of kicking and screaming, the pedi got the rock out of Ben's nose on the 2nd try. Ben is good; had a little bloody nose and lots of tears, but I think he learned his lesson. I hope he learned his lesson....

2 comments:

Pint Sized Life said...

Don't you wish they learned their lessons when they did things like that? Kayden amputated her finger tip shaking a chair...but she keeps doing it!!!

knmadden said...

wow! there is so much to look forward to with parenting :) Glad he is ok.