Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"First Day of School! First Day of School!"

Yesterday was the boys' first day of school! Ben is starting his 3rd year at Parkhills MDO/Preschool, and Logan is starting his 1st year! Ben's class is definitely more like a preschool this year, with curriculum geared towards learning more about letters, numbers, calendar days and months, sight words, etc. His classroom is really cute and looks like a real school room too!Ben will even begin to start writing his letters and numbers this year. My big boy is growing up so fast...

Logan is in the baby room---no curriculum for the babies, but the teachers are so sweet and love playing with the babies! I have been nervous about leaving Logan, we are quite attached to each other. (By the way, Logan only goes to MDO once a week, whereas Ben goes twice a week.) Logan is definitely a "momma's boy" and I have been quite the "Logan's momma" too! So, with tears in my eyes, I dropped him off for the day---and he did great!!! He never cried when I left and the teachers said he had a fabulous day. He took a nap, played hard---but refused his lunch. Logan is not one to refuse food...so I think this was his way of showing that he knew something was different. When we got home, Logan was really tired so I put him down for his afternoon nap---and I had to wake him up at 5:30pm! MDO wore that little baby out. I think a little separation will be good for both of us.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Yay! (Yes! I need to blog!) Hooray for "school!" ;)