Sunday, June 28, 2009

Reflections

I am writing this in my pajamas, ready for bed, on our last night in our much loved home on Rua De Matta. Randy and I have lived in this sweet home for just over 8 years. I remember the day we moved in. The excitement, joy, and pride we had moving into our first home as a newly married couple. For the last 8 years, we put only love, respect, and sheer joy into our home. We painted and re-painted, refurbished, built, remodeled, and loved this home as much as our hearts could pour out. And as we I reflect back on our 8 years in this home, I have only happiness shining back at me. This is the home I brought my babies home to. This is the home of many sleepless nights with sick children. This is the only home my precious puppy has known. And this is the home that hosted many parties and family gatherings. This is the home that has hosted our tears on the news of death of loved ones. This is the home that knows every scrape and bruise my children have endured. And this is the home that has nurtured my children with security. This is the home of so many happy memories with my loving husband and beautiful children. So many that I cannot remember them all. So as I close this post, I say "Sweet Dreams Sweet Home" and only hope that the couple who are anxiously awaiting our departure will respect and love you as much as we have.
Until next time, from our new home...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your post brought a tear to my eye. I love that home too! I remember the summer you guys moved in (I was there!) & I remember when we brought baby-girl Bonnie home for the first time. Awww-- I'm going to miss that beautiful place. I have a ton of great memories there too! But we're looking forward to many more at the new place :) Happy Un-packing! ;)