Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday's Treasure



Ever since I had children, I have been more focused on providing a good, homemade, nutritious meal for my family. And while dinner time can be a stressful time in a young family (kids whining, playing with food, refusing to eat, etc)---I have never underestimated the power and importance of my family sitting down together to eat a meal. An important lesson that I have learned is that if I don't plan a menu ahead of time, my family eats out more and eats what we can find in the pantry in a "grab and go" style. And obviously, this ends up costing my family more money and less time together---exactly what we don't want to do! So, I started planning meals on a calendar; charting the weeks menu and basing my grocery list from the menu I had planned. The problem? Variety! Easy meals for a busy mom! I found myself repeating the same menu every month---and I got bored!

The solution? E-Mealz! I came across E-Mealz from Dave Ramsey's website. Anyone who is familiar with Dave Ramsey knows that he is a proponent of cutting excessive spending, sticking to a budget, and simplifying your life. E-Mealz provides a weekly menu, the corresponding grocery list. The menus are concise and easy; and the grocery list is separated into sections, corresponding to the area of the grocery store that you will find the item. They also designate the meal associated with the grocery item, so if I don't think I will make a certain meal, I can cross the grocery items off the list easily! There are a lot of meal plan options: Low Fat, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Portion Control, Vegetarian, and Regular meal plans for 2-6 people. I started the E-Mealz plan in the month of April, and my entire family is happy! ALL the meals that I have prepared are delicious!!


If you are looking for an easy way to organize your family's dinner, and make your menu planning less stressful, I highly recommend E-Mealz! This has definitely been a treasure to me and my family---Happy Dinner Time!



1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Like, Like, Like! I will definitely try it out. :)