Monday, May 2, 2011

Stitches

Logan received his first set of stitches last week. Logan and Ben were playing with their dinosaurs in the living room, when Logan tripped and fell onto a wicker basket. The basket had started to fall apart, and there was a piece of wicker that was exposed and Logan fell straight onto it. I saw it all happen, and I saw how deep it went in....classic puncture wound. The wound only needed 2 stitches, but almost went directly through to his oral cavity. Poor baby, he was so brave. Never cried while he got the stitches---he was "still as a soldier" and was rewarded with Chick-Fil-A afterwards. Mommy was just so glad that his wound wasn't farther up on his face...it's quite scary thinking what could have been wounded (and lost). He is healing nicely and got his stitches removed this past Saturday.


2 comments:

Steph, Robert, Zach & Ashton said...

Poor Logan and Mommy! I'm glad to hear he is doing better though! Gotta love being a mom of boys, right!?! ;)

Mary Ann said...

Grr! I have thrown away a few sharp pieces of wicker in the recent past. I'm just going to move those baskets out of their rooms. I'm glad he is all better now. Sweet boy!