Sunday, April 26, 2009

A New Love

I have a new love...and a new obsession...my Beaba Babycook! After having Logan, I decided early on that I was going to make his baby food, instead of buying it. I have nothing against Gerber or Beechnut, or any of the other baby food brands---the Lord knows I bought it all for Ben! But since I am at home now, I wanted to make Logan's baby food, or at least give it a concerted effort. So, I bought a Beaba Babycook system. This wonderful "gadget" steams, chops, and purees the food all in one container---so clean up is a cinch! I don't have to steam my fruits/veggies in steamer trays in pots on the stove, then transfer them to my food processor, etc. It does it all! I love it!!! Making Logan's food is easier than I ever dreamed, and I love it! I try to use mostly organic fruits and veggies---and even after buying organic (a little more expensive), it is still cheaper than buying the packaged babyfood off the shelf. And my little man loves it---and that makes me love it even more! My Love...
My freezer trays, loaded with baby food! :-) We haven't found one food yet that Logan doesn't like. (These are baby cubes, found on Amazon---they are individual serving dishes, 1 oz and 2 oz, that snap closed for easy storing and reheating. I love these too!)

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Oooooohhhh, that is nice! I tried making Cadence's food using the food processor and it hardly ever made her happy. To my dismay, she loved the jarred food. I wish I knew about this little baby!