Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ben's 1st self-portrait

So today after church and lunch, Ben was outside playing on the deck. I went to check on him and noticed he was coloring with sidewalk chalk. I asked him what he was drawing, and he said he was drawing a picture of "Ben and Logan". Of course, every mother would want this 1st picture on paper to keep and cherish...but my son did it on the deck with sidewalk chalk! So, all I can do is take a picture of it, and hope he will recreate it on paper so I can keep it and put in his scrapbook of toddler art! I hope you can make out the picture...it really was pretty good...for a 3 year old! So to explain the picture: "Logan" is on the left (note the smaller head, but really long legs...). "Ben" is on the right (note the bigger head, smiling face, eyes, and yes, the nose of many lines). Despite the looks of the drawing, Ben did draw both figures with a pair of eyes, a mouth, a nose, hair, two arms and two legs. Pretty good, huh? (I know what you're thinking...I have a major case of "mommy goggles" right now....)

1 comment:

Joanne said...

i've never heard of mommy goggles...but i like it!!!