Saturday, October 4, 2008

Siblings Class at the hospital

Randy and I took Ben to a "Siblings Class" at the hospital today where I will be delivering "Baby Logan" in the next few weeks. The class invited children 3 years-6 years of age; so we fibbed a little and said Ben was 3 years old....really wasn't that bad of us; he is very close to being 3! Well, he was the only boy in the class and the only child younger than 5. For the first hour of the class, Randy and I were looking at each other wondering "why did we bring him to this?..." You can imagine that having a class full of 5-6 year old little girls playing with life-like baby dolls, our "3" year old son did not fit in, nor was he cooperative! We were out of our league! However, we went on a tour of the women's services center at the hospital---L &D, Post-Partum, and the Nursery. While at the nursery, Ben did get to see the real babies through the window, so that was fun. When we went back to the classroom, Randy and Ben sat on the floor with the other little girls and the children got to "learn" how to hold, diaper, clothe and feed a baby. Ben did pretty good---his favorite part was putting the socks on the baby doll. Funny, he kept bringing me the baby doll for "mommy to hold". I guess he is already figuring that part out! :-) When I asked him if he wanted to hold the baby doll, he said "no, I want Logan to pop out for me to hold"---if only it was as easy as "popping out"!! Overall, the class was okay---it really didn't meet all expectations, but then again, I have an overly-active "3" year old to deal with!

No comments: