Sunday, October 31, 2010

Logan's 2nd Birthday Party

We celebrated Logan's birthday yesterday, October 30th, with a pumpkin painting birthday party at home. The weather was gorgeous and absolutely perfect for an outdoor birthday party.

This was the first year that I made the birthday cake/cupcakes for my kids. (I'm almost embarressed to admit that, but I have always opted for professionally decorated cakes because I didn't think I could make the cake taste as good, or look as cute.) But!, I am proud to say that Logan's cupcakes turned out really cute! Maybe I will try this for Ben's birthday in December too... ;-) Logan's cute cupcakes! (I found the cute cupcake toppers on Etsy; they were personalized for him; and very reasonably priced! I am a new-found Etsy lover!)
Logan's party was over lunch; so we set up a nacho bar! Everyone seemed to love the idea and there weren't many left-overs!

The pumpkin painting tables...

A cute bat balloon...

The pumpkin painting was a hit! The kids really had fun decorating their pumpkins to take home.
The littlest of the party, Logan and his friend Piper, getting some assistance from their Daddies with their painting.

Logan, working really hard at making a "masterpiece".

Ben was very proud of his painted pumpkin!

The kids had lots of playtime...on the trampoline...

...and on the swings.

The Moake boys their pretty mama, Tiffany.

Ben and Logan, searching for fossils...

Me, with Carly Reed. Carly is the daughter of my very good friend Jaime. She was decked out in her Halloween outfit with matching bow---adorable!

We all sang "Happy Birthday" to Logan and he loved blowing out his candle!

After eating cake and ice cream, we all went back outside so Logan could open his presents. He didn't need much help opening them this year! He knew what to do!
We appreciate everyone coming out and helping us celebrate Logan's 2nd birthday! It is always so nice to have good friends and family join around us for special celebrations. Randy and I can hardly believe our "baby" is 2 years old! I never truly understood or appreciated the old saying that "time flies when you're having fun", until I had children. And now sometimes, I wish time would just slow down a little bit, because our babies are growing up so fast...

4 comments:

knmadden said...

So cute Kristen! You did a great job - I love the idea of a nacho bar and the cupcakes are adorable! We wish we could have been there to celebrate! Happy Birthday Logan!

Steph, Robert, Zach & Ashton said...

Looks like a great party Kristen! Happy Birthday Logan! I hope you have a fantastic birthday tomorrow!!

Kimberly said...

You did a fabulous job! Everything looks adorable and fun. I want to see pictures of Ben's cake/cupcakes when you make them too!

Bristelle said...

Happy Birthday Mommy and Logan! Looks like a fun party and I completely agree, I wish I could slow time down as well!