Sunday, September 19, 2010

Nursery Mural

Here are the long-awaited photos of the murals that were painted by my cousin Kimberly in nursery. I am so happy with how everything turned out. By the little information I gave her about what I wanted, she painted exactly what I envisioned!

She painted some grasses and cute bugs under Logan's big window seat. Cute little grasshopper...
And buzzy bee...
And sweet ladybug!

There is even a whimiscal "itsy bitsy" spider in his window!

Then around his book rack, there is a butterfly, a "bookworm" inching his way up the book rack, and some friendly ants and their ant mound underneath. So cute!


By far, the main attraction to the room, is the large tree she painted by Logan's crib. It is the perfect color, size, shape, etc---exactly what I wanted! The tree is sprawling, and really beautiful. I smile every time I go into Logan's room.
I told Kimberly that I wanted a single blue bird in the tree. Yes, I know it is not representative of a real blue bird, because it does not have a red colored breast---but I wanted a sweet, quiet, blue bird---and she did it! Everything is perfect---and we are so happy with the way the nursery turned out. Logan loves looking and pointed at his bugs, worm, and bird (he even does the sign for bird when pointing at the bird now!). Thank you Kimberly! We love it!!

No comments: